First 200k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
On Saturday my 2 brothers and I all did our longest ride ever and I can now strike through the 200k in my signature.

We had good weather considering the time of year - and it all went fine :smile:

I guess I need to look at a 300k in the New Year. Any suggestions?

Martin

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:bravo: for you !

:bravo::bravo: 1 for each of the brothers !

Can't help with a 300 :bicycle: , though - the only one I have done :wahhey: (and failed this year :cry: ) is the Snow Roads. It goes up rather a lot .... :sweat:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done Martin!

How about a 150 miler as a step between 200k (124 miles) and 300k (186 miles)? (Mind you, it would be tempting just to add the extra 36 miles to get the 300 done, wouldn't it!)

I've had a quick look on the Audax site and I reckon the Heart of England 300 would be ideal for you!

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks. Colin, that looks like a good one.

I also fancy doing a Fixed 100 miler if anyone is interested.

Martin

Nozzer

As 1 of the said brothers that did the 200k, i would rather slam my tackle in the patio than do 300k!!
It went fine for the two slim brothers, i on the other hand found it tough, although i did finish!
Im more suited to 100k!!

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well done Martin!

How about a 150 miler as a step between 200k (124 miles) and 300k (186 miles)? (Mind you, it would be tempting just to add the extra 36 miles to get the 300 done, wouldn't it!)

I've had a quick look on the Audax site and I reckon the Heart of England 300 would be ideal for you!

Colin, I've entered this event now :smile:

Martin

ColinJ

Colin, I've entered this event now :smile:

Martin
I'm glad to have spotted it for you!

I'll probably tackle a 300 one day when I'm fit again but I'd want to have done at least 2 or 3 comfortably sub-10 hour 200s first.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have been considering a 300 for next year and this one was recommended to me as well as good for a first time 300. Still a bit undecided at the moment , need to mull over if I really want to go that far.^_^

Apparently theres a hall you can sleep in if you travel the night before, I think I would be lashing out a bit more for a band b or something then maybe grab some kip in the hall afterwards before driving home.

Colin, if I had to do some comfortable sub 10 hour 200s first I would never do a 300. I struggle to do sub 11 hours I think I will have to try and improve a bit between now and April.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I'm glad to have spotted it for you!

I'll probably tackle a 300 one day when I'm fit again but I'd want to have done at least 2 or 3 comfortably sub-10 hour 200s first.

I'd never broken 11-1/2 hours for a 200, but came in just under 15 hours on my first 300 last year (The Rough Diamond for anyone that fancies it)

ColinJ

Colin, if I had to do some comfortable sub 10 hour 200s first I would never do a 300. I struggle to do sub 11 hours I think I will have to try and improve a bit between now and April.
I did The Other Fleet Moss Randonee in 10 hours in 2006 but have lost a lot of that fitness now, so I was thinking in terms of getting back to that level, and then a bit quicker to make a 300 doable in daylight.

I'd never broken 11-1/2 hours for a 200, but came in just under 15 hours on my first 300 last year (The Rough Diamond for anyone that fancies it)
Well done! (But it seems odd that you rode quicker in a 300 than in your 200s, unless they were much hillier?)

Top Bottom