First 25 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well done.:bravo: 25 miles is a good milestone as I think it is about the point where you realise your strengths and the bigger mileages don't seem quite as daunting as they used to.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
In a few months time, when you say to mates/ colleagues "oh I did a nice lazy 40 on Saturday", you'll realise a) How much you're actually doing, and b) How little they understand. I still have friends who act with utter amazement when you say you cycled 5 miles. Obviously we're ALL supermen (and women) to go that far. Well done Matey.:highfive:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Well done! 25 is a great milestone. Mine was only about 4 months ago :smile: once I could do 25, 30 was fine, and after that it was just a case of learning about nutrition and on board refuelling to do more. I'm at just under 60 now and I'm just waiting for my legs to catch up before pushing more :smile: it takes no time so long as you keep putting them in!

:cheers:

paulw1969

Ridley rider
Chuffed to bits, actually it was just over 26 miles. Still felt reasonably strong at end although a bit sore on my lower back. 30 miles is next on my list and then who knows?
Just wanted to brag a bit:becool:

nice one!! Twenty five is my next milestone, done 20 twice and was also surprised i wasn't dropping to bits at the end, i'm just trying to balance commuting with the longer rides at the minute.......reckon you have earnt some bragging rights.....its not easy building up the miles:thumbsup:

Top Bottom