First bike for a teenager

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sadjack

Hi all

I'm trying to encourage my 14 year old lad to do a bit more exercise!

I want to buy him a road bike so that he can come along with me on Sunday rides, but expect to get him up to 50 miles plus over time. (hey I'm doing it so he can!)

I've tried looking for a deal on EBay but keep getting pipped at the end and miss out. :tongue:

Seen that Halfords have reduced the price of their Carrera TDF road bike to £229.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...980-33957_parentcategoryrn_47151#BVQAWidgetID

Anyone think this is a decent starter bike? Any other suggestions?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
If you're near a Decathlon they do some pretty decent bikes cheap, and their after sales service is really good.

Willow

Hi I have an 11 year old who is 5ft 5 in size 9.5 shoes so more like a 14 yr old in size. We went to LBS and bought him a Dawes, he is a very sporty boy but reluctant cyclist but in the last fortnight has done his cycling proficiency and it has given him the confidence to take off. He is happy with the Dawes though I think if daddy had taken the time to take him to another shop which stocks a wider range he would have bought something a bit more cool looking. DS2 age 10 has bought a Saracen - rather I;ve bought it! Hope you son starts to enjoy it it's fantastic to think we can now go cycling before it was 2 of us on bikes and one running which was a bit limiting!

Top Bottom