First commute for 3 months today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Due to a combination of weather, laziness, Christmas, laziness, holiday, time commitments, laziness etc I just haven't been out :sad:

To be fair, there's been a few occassions where I've got all my stuff ready, set the alarm extra early with the intent to cycle in, only to be confonted with a sparkly winter wonderland of ice which sees me rushing back to the 4 wheeled car.

So, this morning's was the first ride in nearly 3 Months. Wasn't too bad, knees are stiff and achy but it was lovely watching the sun rise over the North Downs :becool:

Here's to getting back into it :cheers:

Brommie77

Well done for making the final push to get back on the saddle - now don't push it too hard and give yourself a nasty strain so that you are off for another three months :laugh:

SurlyNomad

Well done Chris, same here realy, Ive only managed about 3 or 4 commutes this year but am deffinatley going to get out a bit more as need to get rid of the xmas flab for the summer holiday to mexico in june :biggrin: .

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks guys :biggrin: hopefully (well not hopefully actually, it definately is) it's the start of getting fitness back on track.
I did take it easy this morning, in fact I may start completely from scratch and just work on base fitness for a couple of months.

Don't even talk to me about the xmas flab, I feel like I've put on 10 stone! :wacko:

SN, enjoy Mexico, sounds fantastic. Hot, but fantastic :biggrin: :becool:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
C'mon Chris, get yer arse into gear and get back to regualr cycling.. get out in the lanes and burn up some of that Chrimble excess.
biggrin.gif

Good to hear you are back on the bike.. keep it up me 'ol china..

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
C'mon Chris, get yer arse into gear and get back to regualr cycling.. get out in the lanes and burn up some of that Chrimble excess.
biggrin.gif

Good to hear you are back on the bike.. keep it up me 'ol china..

Thank you Sir, consider it a done thing :biggrin:

I shall have to burn up the Christmas excess slowly though, otherise the polar ice caps will get a serious kick-in... :blush:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
keep going Chris. Did my third commute in of the year y'day.

Rail season ticket runs out today and I'm hoping the cost of a replacement will tip me over the edge into more regular rides in. Still too dark of an evening for me to contemplate the commute home at night though. I'm such a fraidy cat.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Any particular thing holding you back on the night commutes Mr Collins? I actually feel safer at night (visibility wise) although the first few night rides through really desolate country lanes do get my pulse racing a bit with all the strange noises in the undergrowth!

I got home safe & sound yesterday, I was a little worried that the journey might be a bit too much for me after all that time off the bike, it's 32 miles total and very hilly (for Kent) but I took it easy and didn't suffer too much.
I must admit I have lost some "biking skill" though, part of the return commute is a long, downhill section on a backroad that can be surprisingly busy. It's very rutted and potholed so it takes a very diligent eye and careful planning to keep the speed up and avoid problems and I felt a little vulnerable I must admit.

Still, nice to see that the days are really drawing out now, those beautiful Summer mornings aren't too far away.

Top Bottom