First Commute of 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
And it was lush! :biggrin:

I had all of last week off, so I've been itching to get out for days anyway. I've done nothing. Drove in yesterday with about a fortnight's worth of supplies to stash in my locker and then checked over the bike last night to make sure that everything was tidy. Got up this morning, the weather was mild and so I got away with shorts, plus a short-sleeved top with arm warmers under my windproof. I hit the road and I couldn't slow down - the joy at being back on the bike clearly delivered some decent power to my legs and the 20 miles passed in no time at all.

Can't wait for the ride home now!

Col5632

Guru
Well done :smile: I cant stand driving in now, done it yesterday and it was so dull :sad:

Gooner Mad Dog

Likewise, for almost 5 years suffered the tube its delays, crowding, anti social behaviour, pushing, waiting at cold bus stop the thought have returning to that chills me. ( all for £1300 pa ) started in Sept straight in at deep end 10.8m each way love the whole independance thing that goes with it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Likewise, for almost 5 years suffered the tube its delays, crowding, anti social behaviour, pushing, waiting at cold bus stop the thought have returning to that chills me. ( all for £1300 pa ) started in Sept straight in at deep end 10.8m each way love the whole independance thing that goes with it.

Every now and then I will have to get the train to work (1 train, 1dlr).. it's a great reminder at how sh1t commuting by public transport is.

Gooner Mad Dog

Every now and then I will have to get the train to work (1 train, 1dlr).. it's a great reminder at how sh1t commuting by public transport is.
Yeah , only time I use tube these days is Arsenal & drinking which are usually combined and isnt really like a commute then. A real commute of hour a couple of times in a week would be a killer, so looking forward to spring/summer rides.

did my first commute of 2012 also today. Lovely day for it. All the drivers seemed polite, although I did get a look from a lady who I don't think appreciated me taking primary at a red light. Hope to keep this up at least once a week throughout the year.

OP
OP
TheSandwichMonster

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
Total damage for the day was good! :smile:

39 mile round trip.
Moved up to 4th on a flat Strava segment that I was completely unaware of on the way in.
2x PR's on the two main climbs into work.
On the way home I moved up to 3rd on another flat Strava segment, up from 18th and 1s off 2nd place.

And my legs felt good all day, almost powerful even!

Top Bottom