First commute of the year...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesM

...who'd have guessed it would be a Saturday in March!

I have to work one Saturday in 4, it's 14 miles to work and there's no showers. I got the train in and cycled home three times last year having bought a new bike through cyclescheme and struggled to get into it properly due to illness, icy weather and weaker excuses!

I decided to cycle in yesterday to see how stinky I'd be if I tried it during the week! It went OK. The route's largely along the canal so it's nearly all flat except a few locks all going down on the way in. I managed to get in in an hour and five and coming back into a head wind, it took an hour and fifteen minutes which I was pleased with.

I reckon I might get away with cycling in with a bit of spray. At least until it gets warmer. It takes around forty minutes getting the train in, if I time it right and if there's no delays so it's not too great a time difference.

I don't know if there's any point to my post, just thought I'd share

Edit I thought of a point! What do you wear while cycling now and during the summer? I'm currently in a base layer, cycling shorts and a rather loose fitting jersey.

Top Bottom