First commute since accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim_Noir

So it's 8 weeks tomorrow since I was hit, so tonight I'm forcing myself to cycle in to work (Dr and Pyshio have said I should be ok, and not to let is consume me)... have to say I'm nervous about it, feels like I have gone from being a predator to a pray animal in 8 weeks... but hoping once I’m on the road I get back my grrrr... wish me luck :biggrin:

Also really didn’t want to commute on the boardman but seems like it’s going to take an age for the replacement for my commuter... oh well!

som3blok3

Probably the best thing to do, get back out there, I'm sure the GRRRR will follow along in due course.

Good luck, no fear :thumbsup:

maggie_0

Yes, try to avoid the place, I had to do that for weeks after my accident, it was enough to deal with hearing buses behind me, they made me a nervous wreck, and I was well aware my loss of confidence was probably endangering me. It's been 8 months now and just about getting back to normal, but buses still make my heart pound louder (was pushed into the pavement by a bus)

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Cheers folks, wad a nice cycle in, apart from the bike won't drop to the small ring at the front... damn halfords 6 weeks safty check!

Maggie, sadly I have no alternative to going past the place I was hit.. well unless I want a 2 mile detour! Was a bit nervous with thngs behind me... but the rage at halfods seemed to put it out m mind!

Tynan

Veteran
small ring at the front? what's that?

we're all different natch but it wore off for me in a few weeks with only the first week being a bit dodgy

Top Bottom