First endurance bike advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uke22

Hi all,

Been looking at getting my first road bike and my budget has slowly gone up to a point I wouldn't have imagined a month ago. I really want to get into endurance cycling (currently borrowing someone's hybrid) and have been looking at the Giant Contend AR 3 (2020). I know bikes are hard to come by these days so I think I've been lucky to find this one available and want to see what people think of it as a first road bike. I want to hopefully one day do LEJOG too (Land's End to John O'Groats). With the supply issues at the moment, I know this bike isn't perfect but thinking of just going for it. A complete beginner to the area so any advice would be greatly valued!

DRM

Guru
You won’t go far wrong with a Giant, it looks a decent bike with nice wide gearing, I have a Defy , which I believe is now the contend, it’s been a great bike,

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
its a Giant, by and by they make good bikes for your budget.
However it may not be great for Lonjog as you will need to carry gear and clothing. That bike you linked to has no way to attach any sort of pannier. Unless however you have a support vehicle or suchlike.

Top Bottom