First long(ish) road ride!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robg

Wow, yesterday was my first longish road ride on my new SCR4. Until now I've only been commuting on it but went for a 58k ride through South Gloucesteshire - average speed 26.6km/h and 2hr11mins riding time (not including stops to work out where the hell I was going!)

AWESOME! I know the stats aren't much but I loved every minute of it and can't wait to go again - though next time I'll take a bar of something as I felt my energy drop massively towards the end (could barely walk through the door at home).

I'm hooked.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Congrats! Consider adding a carbohydrate-based energy powder to your drink, like Maxim; it helps to stave off that fading towards the end of the ride.

I always add a pinch of salt too to avoid cramp.

Good on ya, robg! :smile:

That's all your spare time taken up then for the rest of your life a while! :biggrin:

Once your fitness and stamina levels rise, then you'll become more adventurous and head off to more exotic cycling clim(:biggrin:(e)s.

A water bottle or two, some powerbars (or ordinary sweets like Mars or Marathon/Snickers) will tide you over until you make the obligatory stop at a caf!

Good luck!

Top Bottom