First puncture on my commute into work. :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm just not so quick to dismiss so many negative reports from so many people I also respect. There must be a reason behind these reports, there's no smoke without fire. I guess my point is that they might have worked for a few patches for you, but wider experience over many people and many patches will give a more accurate view of their reliability, or rather lack of it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm just not so quick to dismiss so many negative reports from so many people I also respect. There must be a reason behind these reports, there's no smoke without fire. I guess my point is that they might have worked for a few patches for you, but wider experience over many people and many patches will give a more accurate view of their reliability, or rather lack of it.

They work for me and that's all that matters.
Who friggin cares anyway.. it's only a tuppeny patch we are talking about ffs...:thumbsup:

freewheelwilly

Commuting as in the forum or commuting in general. There's enough argy bargy out on the roads as it is...
Nothing like a healthy debate mind.

OP
OP
riggsbie

riggsbie

Coffee and Recumbent Trikes.......
Another pigging puncture today, this time no avoidance possible....... Beer bottle glass in a splat of about 1m diameter right on the cycle path (it was a VB bottle).... Car was passing me so it was not possible to swerve onto the road, so 2 wheels on the grass and one wheel thru the least dense patch of glass....

Pssssttttttt........bollox !!!

Luckily riding a trike, changing a tube on a front wheel is a piece of piss, tip bike on side and pull out the punctured tube...... Nice 6mm gash in my tyre, so patch on the inside of tyre and fit my spare tube....... Getting good at this, 5 minutes later I am back on the road.......

I am going off Schwalbe Kojaks...... I have some Duranos in the post but MIT look at some Marathon Plus tyres.....

All good fun......apparently it's character building......

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tynan

Veteran
I had set of Parks free once and found them useless at the side of the road, 'clean and dry the tube first' forsooth, not an easy ask at the side of the road in the dark and wet

But I tried really hard with them in the kitchen, washed and dried the tube first, yes they went on but I found myself repatching a few days later when they started leaking

I can only imagine there's a real knack to them, but if I can;t make them work in the kitchen with hot water, a cup of tea, the radio etc etc then I sure as hell ain;t trusting to them out in the wild

anyway, a piece of old tyre, a lightweight one, but barring major damage it's a warning that they tyre might want changing in the near future

OP
OP
riggsbie

riggsbie

Coffee and Recumbent Trikes.......
All info taken in and assimilated......

Now have repaired the inside of my damaged tyres with an old fashioned patch and rubber cement and an additional vinyl patch as well.......belts & braces !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scotty110788

How are you all travelling with the snow over the UK ? It's been 30C here in Victoria over the weekend but a cool 25C today......
:dry: freezing, have to use public transport when roads are bad till get my mtb up and running since i no longer use hybrid when its icy, bit jealous of your weather like :cold:

Top Bottom