First real cycle commute in 6 Months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
So first cycle commute after around 6 months, and I remembered a couple of things
  • The hills are ALL on the way home (this is true, not me being a wuss)
  • That tail-wind I had on the way to work was only going to be a headwind on the way home
  • I have no idea how to transport shirts without them getting creased
Please help with the last one, having creased clothes isn't something I want

Thanks in advance

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I fold my shirt, (others say roll them but folding works for me) then put it in a dry bag, squeeze the air out of the dry bag, close it up and sling it in my rucksack.

Paul99

Über Member
I have the mark1 version of the shirt shuttle, and in my commuting experience is as good as it gets for a non creased shirt.

http://www.patrona.com/the-shuttle-series/shirt-shuttle.html

Patrona are apparently working on the mark 3, but if you search around you might be able to pick up a mark 1 or 2. I don't know what the difference between them are.

Well done on getting back to the bike commute!

OP
OP
S

SWSteve

Guru
The only reason I'm cycle commuting is as I had to move back to mum's as had a renting issue.

Breakfast arrangements will be the next thing on the list of items to be resolved

hoski

Veteran
I sort of half roll, half fold shirts...

Button up the shirt the whole way and lay it face down - fold in a little bit of each side + the sleeves - so the whole thing is around 10-12 inches wide. I then stick a pair of socks and rolled up undies at the base of the shirt and roll it up (fairly loosely)... they look pretty uncreased but I do tend to wear slightly patterned, cheap shirts. Plus I don't actually care if they are creased so YMMV ;-)

Top Bottom