first road bike choice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
If C2W, don’t forget to insure the bike as if it’s nicked, you’ll still be responsible for paying it off as you’re only hiring it from your employer until all payments made. Also check the terms of the scheme as to what if any payment is required at the end of the hire period

OP
OP
W

weebeansysbro

Regular
As @vickster notes above, 25mm tyres maximum with full mudguards, give me an hour and I'll get a photo of mine and how the mudguards fit.
Cheers man appreciate that

Chislenko

Veteran
Well I have learnt something today. Last time I looked on Orbea site they had no rim brake bikes. (Admittedly i was looking at Orcas)

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I was just thinking about roads with pot holes, cracks debris etc? The synapse would allow for a 28mm with mudguards v the 25mm of the damone al 2 but would cost 500 more...
If the roads are very bad like the wild west then you are better off with a Mountain Bike never mind a gravel bike. A road bike will cope with a normal road, a gritty road or bridleway etc as long as its not really muddy. All bikes need to avoid massive potholes, rubbish etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was just thinking about roads with pot holes, cracks debris etc? The synapse would allow for a 28mm with mudguards v the 25mm of the damone al 2 but would cost 500 more...
Just keep an eye on the roads when riding and stay out of the gutter. None of my bikes have tyres wider than 28mm.
Have you actually tried the bikes out in your list?
what gravel options are in your budget? They just seem like road bikes with wider tyres and possible 1x chain set which may not be what you want

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

weebeansysbro

Regular
Just keep an eye on the roads when riding and stay out of the gutter. None of my bikes have tyres wider than 28mm.
Have you actually tried the bikes out in your list?
what gravel options are in your budget? They just seem like road bikes with wider tyres and possible 1x chain set which may not be what you want

from the list i've tried out the orbea and syanpse (but just round the car park of the bike shop) and going to take a look at the domane this weekend. Going to ring a few LBS about gravel bikes this afternoon

Top Bottom