First social ride :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayjay

Veteran
I went on a local ride this morning. I found someone arranging a new group nearby and went to give it a try. Only 3 of us, on a short amble around some country lanes, and I did enjoy it. There was a triathlete (ride organiser) on a sporting type Giant, an everyday cycle and bike advocate chap on a well-used drop bar tourer plus myself on this odd 3 wheeled device.
It rained somewhat at first, but cleared up after a couple of miles. I haven't cycled in company since I was about eleven years old, I shall have to do it again soon. The quiet roads let us talk, swap local tales and cycle chat.
Trike is now dirty!
The ride was on Go Sky RIde, I could see a good few within reach of riding to the start, and many easy paced like this one.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Did you not find yourself a bit 'low down' and 'laid back' to chat much without getting a crick in your neck ? ^_^

Sounds like a wash :eek: is in order :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jayjay

jayjay

Veteran
Hehe - no, Scoosh, no problems with conversing apart from sheer distance or traffic/wind-noise. Already facing up, you see, towards all those tall riders.

Hm, I think a quick rinse over would be a good idea, the track down to Kelsey lakes, start and finish point, was a bit of a wet farm track. Where's the spray thingy I used on the last washing expedition?
I already lubed the chain and derailleur.

Top Bottom