First time back commuting for almost 3 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pant..wheeze..puff

Wow, just realised it's almost 3 months since I commuted by bike. Due to a variety of reasons including volunteering as a transporter for "death row" pound dogs after work some nights, illness, foot injury (2 rusty nails stuck right in the cleat position) and a cabbaged wheel that took me a few weeks to getting around to solving.

Felt like a 20-a-day smoker by the time I got to work. Ah well, still better than feeling like the 40-a-day smoker I once was.

Maz

Guru
Good to get back on the bike, eh? :thumbsup:
What is a " transporter for "death row" pound dogs", btw?

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Good to get back on the bike, eh? :thumbsup:
What is a " transporter for "death row" pound dogs", btw?
It means when dogs in the pounds are due to be put to sleep simply for being unwanted and a rescue space, emergency boarding or foster home is secured for them, collecting them and driving them to their new home

Reactions: Maz

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
After an rta injury when I started back commuting it felt like I'd lost all my fitness, but after a couple of weeks it was ok. Soon comes back.

bigtrike

Tommorow will be worse, and Friday might kill you!, but by Monday everthing will be fine if a little slower than before(from my experience 3rd day after a lay off is the worst but day 3-4 is a case of the body remembering life is good) Just dont expect the same times as you were getting in the summer, in part because it is colder now.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Well done on recommencing commuting.
I have done a bit of 'death row' dog transportation. Mostly Greyhounds, whippets and lurchers. It feels great to know that you have done a little to help the dogs get a better chance of a forever home.

Top Bottom