First year with my road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Well 12 months have now passed since I bought my road bike. It was tough to start with slowly increasing my mileage as I got more used to it and slowly buying better kit.
Did a 100 mile sportive at the end of last year then joined my local bike club in the winter.
Started competing in the clubs TT competition in April over 4 courses varying between 8 - 13 miles, mainly because some of my mates were doing it. It's based on scoring points for improving your times, not necessaryily being the fastest rider. As it was my first year I've managed to improve enough and score enough points to win it! (Obviously once you reach your peak it's very hard to improve your times, so it's suited to newbies).
I try to ride at least once a week at the weekend around 40 miles then if I can fit it in maybe a shorter ride Monday or Tuesday then the racing on a Thursday (which has now finished) I've also got a turbo which I will use if I really can't get out due to weather or family commitments.
All in all a great first year which I've really enjoyed, met some good people through the clubs TT comp and social rides, and everyone has been really friendly and full of advice.
My advice to anyone starting out would be - take it easy to start with and build up your fitness, join a club, don't be frightened to give things a go!
A couple of recent pics from a 50 mile charity ride around Snetterton race track (me nearest the camera)
image.jpg

image.jpg

And far right
image.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well done

RegG

Über Member
Well done Justin! Me and my partner got back into cycling earlier this year and treated ourselves to new road bikes a couple of months ago. We really enjoy getting out and about. :bicycle:

Top Bottom