Fishing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok I have this strange idea to camp near rivers, catch a fish and cook it when on the next tour...I know nothing about fishing. What is a good all round way to do this...do i need a rod...I was thinking a simple line on a spindle, hook, float?? How do you kill a fish? I was going to stab it with my penknife?? can you eat any fish in usa or are some poisonous?....should i shelve this plan and go to the chippy?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Most fishing tackle shops in the US stock these...
hand-grenade.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You need a rod, bait, a fair bit of knowledge in using the tackle and you may catch something - which will undoubtedly be inedible.

sabian92

Über Member
Watch Bear Grylls Man Vs Wild - sorted :biggrin:

There is one where he catches fish but it wouldn't be enough to sustain you on tour, not by a long way.

MrB1obby

I have a friend's uncle who actually rowed the scotland coast to coast and as far as I'm aware, he only eat the fish he caught.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you go to N. America, nip into one of the giant DIY sheds and get one of these. (It's Canadian but there is bound to be a cheaper version in the US. When you turn up somewhere, just ask at the local store which bait or lure to use, and where to fish. Pick up some beer while you are there.

Sorted.

BTW, go to Oregon. It's pretty close to heaven on earth.

Edit: Sorry, fogot the link to this rod

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...r%2BTelescopic%2BSpinning%2BKit.jsp?locale=en

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
i didn't mean survive on it lol!...just try it once or so and see how it goes......may have been watching to much robson green :laugh:

Top Bottom