Fitting Camera Between Tri Bars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

I have some tri bars for my bike, and was wondering if there was a simple way to securely fasten a digital camera between them? I don't have money for a Helmet cam (ITS 4 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS! :smile: ), so I'm just trying to use what I already have.

amaferanga

Veteran
Can't help with your question, but I just took delivery of a MD80 for £7.81 delivered. Still waiting on my micro SD card, but even that's only costing £12. So if you can do without a night at the pub you too could have one of these ;)

Sam, pop onto ebay and type in md80 into the search tab. You'll find that MD80 (not official ones, but they appear to work), go for close to the price amaferanga suggests.

Will1985

Über Member
Assuming that you use tribars for TT training and racing, why would you want to? It wouldn't be very interesting unless you want to record lorries passing you closely (there is no excuse when they have already passed riders at regular intervals but we live with it) or a fast rider catching you with a cool trispoke or disc noise...even then it would be better from the back.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've done this oddly enough (not while riding a TT though). I just taped a cheapish digital camera to the underside of the tribars with electrical tape, couple of spacers (I used some little rubber doo-dads that we have at work) between the top of the camera and the bars so I could get my finger under to get to the shutter release.

OP
OP
Sam Kennedy

Sam Kennedy

I'll probably get one of those cameras, how difficult would it be to mount it to a helmet/handlebars?

PpPete

Legendary Member
There is the "extreme sports pack" for the Muvi ...bit expensive compared with the MD80 though. I believe it has a helmet mount.

Waiting for my MD80 to arrive from HK. Reckon it "ought" to be possble to cobble something together with bits from an old head torch, handlebar light bracket or something....

OP
OP
Sam Kennedy

Sam Kennedy

I think I'll just use electric tape, and tape it to the head tube.
Or use cable ties or something.
If someone figures out a good way of mounting an MD80 to the bike/helmet, please share!

Top Bottom