Fixie Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On my conversion I use a 113 mm bb,
put the chainring on the inside of the spider,
this leaves me a gap of 5mm between the chainstays and the chainring
The gap on yours looks way to big,if I look vertically downwards at my chainring
the back of the bolt is lined up with the edge of the bb,looks like yours is a good 6-7mm out
You may need a narrower bb

OP
OP
G

grayhamzyvicz

Regular
So if I had a narrower bb, actually tightened the chainset to the bb moving it in a little, and maybe got a spacer or 2 for the rear hub it should be ok??

colly

Re member eR
So if I had a narrower bb, actually tightened the chainset to the bb moving it in a little, and maybe got a spacer or 2 for the rear hub it should be ok??
Maybe. I think it will depend on your set-up. I'm told the rear sprocket and chainring on the crank MUST align to within a millimeter or so, preferably, align exactly.

If the chain isn't straight, and properly tensioned, there is a danger of it coming off and that would be dangerous.

OP
OP
G

grayhamzyvicz

Regular
another question.

on this pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/77667089@N05/6859817628/

you see the bb sticks out a mm or so from the frame?

Well it doesnt do that at the other side.

The bottom bracket had

<-----L R----> on it so obviously i've put the 'R' at the side of the chainset, but this side seems to stick out 1mm or so more than the other side. Surely I've put it in the right way! But why can't I put it in the other way, would it do something?? if i could put it in that way, it'd bring the chainset in a bit more

Does that make sense? :whistle:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Yeah BB is correct

(Pending you got the right length)

Go with my original post up thread , suck it and see !

OP
OP
G

grayhamzyvicz

Regular
Ok i'll try that. I'm getting bb that is a couple of mm less so hopefully that'll make a difference. I'll post back when i get back in the house and try some of your recommendations.

Cheers

Top Bottom