Fizik Saddlebags-Low Quality?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Anyone had any problems with their Fizik bags?I noticed today that the clip on my saddlebag[Medium,ICS system] has split from the bag at the attachment to the bag itself.I rather liked the ICS system,it goes well with the saddle and indeed in all other respects,is fine.However,if it is likely to disappear on the road,its basically useless.Looking at the reviews on Wiggle as a straw poll,there seem to be more than a few that complain of poor quality.Many of them mention that the bag failed after a short time and certainly mine was bought in March.I havent filled it to capacity and having a carbon seatpost,I was looking away from direct tie -on attachments.I know there are plenty of threads devoted to bags on here, I just wondered what others experiences were and if the Wiggle reviews were representative.

Jason.T

I've read loads of bad reviews on both wiggle and chain reaction but wanted one for my fizik saddle, went to LFS to have a look at one and thought it was pretty decent so bought one, I've had it about 5 months with no problems at all so far, it clips in well and I don't fill it to much only carry a spare tube spare links and a multitool

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I didn't get on with my Fizik saddle but did like the slot for lights and bags but i doubt i would trust a bag just clipped in with the sate of our roads .

zacklaws

Guru
I've never had a problem with the two that I own, sometimes thought of fitting a short safefy lanyard in case the clip does become unfastened, but rode 1000's of miles with them now and no problem on that aspect.

But oddly enough, I noticed on my large one, that the stitching had come undone on the zip leaving a large hole in the bag, but its still secure and easy enough to repair. Whether it was because of poor workmanship, poor materials, general wear and tear or else the thread had rotted with maybe getting wet too many times and not drying out for long periods of time, I do not know.

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Sadly this has all become a bit academic.I got a Topeak from my LBS,however because of the forward position of my saddle,I dont have enough rail space on which to mount the fitting,Ihad thought there would be just enough,but no.So,sadly it will be a swap for a Fizik tomorrow.Frankly the Topeak seemed a better product all round if a bit too big for my needsLets see if the next Fizik lasts more than 5 months!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yes. The bracket on mine failed in less than a year, depositing the bag in the road.

Great saddles, but the ICS bags are, imo, a load of crap. Use a saddlebag with a velcro strap attachment instead.

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Yes. The bracket on mine failed in less than a year, depositing the bag in the road.

Great saddles, but the ICS bags are, imo, a load of crap. Use a saddlebag with a velcro strap attachment instead.
Yes ,overall I think the best plan.However would you believe they have barely any in stock and I need one tomorrow,but I agree velcro is the best solution,I just didnt want to strap it on the carbon post.So, an order I think.I did have an old Bontrager but of course I cant find it!

Top Bottom