Flamin eck !!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I was sat here at work (on the web...nothing much for me to do)

My bike is sat 3 feet behind me, leant against the workshop bench. Its Saturday, i wouldnt normally have it there.

All of a sudden..........pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy:

WTF!!!!

Looked round and i can see my tyre going down :wacko:

Some of you may remember i put a post in Know How ages and ages ago re- my (at the time) new Conti GatorSkin that was cut by some glass after a week :smile:
Its got a 6mm long gash in it....its done maybe 2000 miles...its seen me through many 30 to 40 mile rides..........and it just went down of its own accord :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

I can feel the air coming out of the gash.....ah well, now i've got something to do.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Well that was the spur for me to give the Via Nirone some TLC.

Its very gritty underneath from commuting, and the running gears a bit mucky as well

Puncture fixed. It was just the long term effect of having the inner tube not completely supported by the tyre. Its been poking out of the gash slightly. Re-inforced the gash with a strip of emery paper (its cloth based and very strong)
Chain removed, WD'd liberally, high pressure airline to blast it clean, dunk in some oil, drip dry and back on the bike.
Cassette WD'd, then blasted with the airline to blow all the crud out. Nice and bright again.
Derailleurs got the same treatment.
Frame and wheels cleaned, wiped dry, then Silicone sprayed (not the wheels :biggrin::o) to give a polished finish.
Brake pivots given a little blast of WD then wiped clean

All that in 1/2 an hour....it looks nice and shiny again :wacko:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Feelin a bit let down gbb?:wacko:

I found this monster in my front tyre after my day with Arch & TheDoctor!
The tyre stayed inflated for some 5 miles with the screw embedded and I only saw it when I stopped to find out where the 'click' was coming from, I thought it might just be a stone chip stuck in the tread!!

With the screw hole patched, the inner tube has now got a v. slow puncture which is proving a devil to locate. It is probably a tiny hole on the inside wall of the tube from where the screw was pushed into the tyre!:biggrin:

tdr1nka said:
Feelin a bit let down gbb?:thumbsdown:

I found this monster in my front tyre after my day with Arch & TheDoctor!
The tyre stayed inflated for some 5 miles with the screw embedded and I only saw it when I stopped to find out where the 'click' was coming from, I thought it might just be a stone chip stuck in the tread!!

With the screw hole patched, the inner tube has now got a v. slow puncture which is proving a devil to locate. It is probably a tiny hole on the inside wall of the tube from where the screw was pushed into the tyre!:biggrin:

have a look near where the screw went in as most of the time there will be two or three pin pricks near the main hole.

Top Bottom