Flooding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's been bad for flooding here in Armpitshire the last 2 days. Just tried to go out for SAR training. 3 of the 4 village roads are closed (I'm kitted for wading and could probably get through, but not in the dark, and not when the road has actually been closed) so i had to head in the opposite direction for 9 miles.

What than the road closures and ensuing traffic choosing took me 2 1/4 hours ton to 11 miles, about half way there, before I snapped and turned for home.

Still, a good excuse to stay home for a few days ;)

winjim

Smash the cistern
Do you only do SAR when the weather's nice then? :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

I rode through two flooded sections of lanes today, both of them were driven through a few seconds before I rode through so they looked OK, I suspect that if I'd have tried yesterday I wouldn't have got through.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm in the Eastern Townships and the flooding was very localised, it seems. Not much rain fell on my roof, but a mile away, Talavera Way was closed.
The Nene was high enough to put the cyclepath under the Bedford Road 3' deep in swirling muddy water.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Stamford meadows where the fair is sited was flooding last night..
first time to the day in 42yrs..the river Welland was going like a train..
Wednesdays rain was severe for this area..even my road was flooding which is a blue moon event..

the Nene will be flooding at Ferry Meadows as i type..as all the northants water arives here

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Southern end of Armpitshire, right close to the Forest.

Mate of mine lives in a converted pumping station near Woodford. The water is 8" below his doorstep and rising, so he's readying to evacuate :sad:

Nearby Blisworth canal tunnel was a raging torrent, water level almost up to the roof of the tunnel.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm in the Eastern Townships and the flooding was very localised, it seems. Not much rain fell on my roof, but a mile away, Talavera Way was closed.
The Nene was high enough to put the cyclepath under the Bedford Road 3' deep in swirling muddy water.

Hardwater is still closed

Top Bottom