FM radio app that follows frequency changes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
My iplayer radio app works throughout my commute excl tunnels of course. My commute runs up from the South Coast to London.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
My Motorola phone came with a decent FM radio app...

.... but I don't think it's generally available. The trouble is, I think, that FM phone reception is not what phones were originally designed for.

Tim Hall

The FM radio built in to my S4 mini has a check box marked "alternative frequency". From the blurb:
If you turn on alternative frequencies, the radio automatically searches for another frequency if the signal from the selected channel gets too weak.

srw

[QUOTE 4291252, member: 45"]My m8 has a decent radio. The problem is that every time I cross a frequency boundary I have to pull over and change it manually.[/QUOTE]
If you are "pulling over", presumably you're in a car. Why not use the car radio? If you're on a bike, you're probably crossing frequency boundaries infrequently enough that retuning can be timed to coincide with a natural break.

srw

You can get DAB or FM radios that run on a battery - how about one of them?

srw

Sorry - more constructively - I did search for a generic Android FM app when I was using an Android tablet. I didn't find one, which makes me think you're on to a loser.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4291211, member: 45"]Does rds follow frequency changes or just display info?[/QUOTE]
RDS follows the signal.

Top Bottom