FNRttC Friday Night Ride - London to Southend: March 10th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That's the only thing that's holding me back from joining you all. The joy of breakfast by the sea vs hours of frozen fingers

Beauty of recumbent (or flat bar I suppose). You can operate brakes and gears wearing warm mitts.

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
That's the only thing that's holding me back from joining you all. The joy of breakfast by the sea vs hours of frozen fingers
Currently planning to be on the ride. Return trip might be interesting as there's engineering works north of Cambridge!
@robjh I use thermal running gloves over my short finger cycling gloves with work quite well. Cold weather cycling gloves are either too big or too small for me.
Hot hand warmer things are quite good too, using them tucked in between the toe covers and shoes has helped the 'feet like blocks of ice' problem.

rb58

Enigma
The Weather Gods seem to have had a change of heart. Not so cold, but probably wet and with a (sort of) strong tailwind. Although the forecast seem to be changing by the minute, so who really knows...

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yeah just seen email. Shame but with -3C forecast and wet roads and no trains can understand. Time to plan something for the daytime.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Inevitable considering the conditions right now. It looking like warmer is coming on the next few days but better be safe then sorry.

Top Bottom