FNRttC FNRttC Norwich to Blakeney Railway Loop 21st May 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
It is to the coast, but not a Friday or night 😉

The Norwich - Blakeney Railway Loop daytime ride is now open for registration. It's on Saturday 21st May, roughly 65 miles and includes some off-road. I've done this on my orange steel bike with 32mm tyres.
Start time 0830 meeting at Norwich train station. More details and registration at the usual place (link below).
https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/norwich-to-blakeney-21-may

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You may already know but there are works on the Bure Valley path. The section between Hoveton and Coltishall was closed off a couple of days ago (they are re surfacing). It will likely be done and settled before your ride but thought I would flag it to you. They did a similar thing between Buxton and Brampton a couple of weeks back but I noted this was now open again earlier this week. Probably worth checking closer to the date, just to be safe.

OP
OP
LucretiaMyReflection

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
You may already know but there are works on the Bure Valley path. The section between Hoveton and Coltishall was closed off a couple of days ago (they are re surfacing). It will likely be done and settled before your ride but thought I would flag it to you. They did a similar thing between Buxton and Brampton a couple of weeks back but I noted this was now open again earlier this week. Probably worth checking closer to the date, just to be safe.

Thanks, that's really helpful. :okay:
I know they were working on Marriott's, but I will double check nearer the time, hoping to fit another recce in before the actual ride.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Check around Tunstead rd area - it is not the entire Coltishall - Hoveton section, just an annoying part but there are a lack of roads to use as a diversion there and one of them is closed off for the vehicles that are working on the BVP. Good luck with it all should be a nice trip.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The bit around Thorpe Marriott is dicey, and a mud bath in recent times. There is a section running along side the Reepham Rd, from the Attlebrough direction up into Taverham (ish) and this is a legit nightmare. The rest not too bad.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
from the Attlebrough direction
Attlebridge

OP
OP
LucretiaMyReflection

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
If it's been dry, it's not too bad - my plan is to take it steady and pick a decent line through.
There's one section I remember as being particularly horrid (further north) so will be keeping an eye out.
Oh, re the BVW, I checked and the planned works seem to be south of where I'm planning to join it so looks like we should be ok.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
As you know the bridge carrying Sweet Briar Road, Norwich partially collapsed in February and extensive repairs are ongoing.
I think Marriots Way closed but re-opened promptly.
Worth checking nearer the time for updates, just in case heavy plant needs access to the bridge from below.

https://www.norfolklive.co.uk/news/norfolk-news/sweet-briar-closed-another-month-6974676
It was closed to all for a Couple of weeks but has been open again now for some time. It had a bunch of sand chucked on it to soak up the water initially but this is now all but gone. The works are ongoing and there are some temporary Fences right next to sweet briar Rd but the MW is definitely open for business.

Top Bottom