Foggy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Bit foggy this morning. It is usually just foggy where I live and then when you get out the village it clears up (Mr Plax calls it the land of the dead). So I thought I'd cycle in to work anyway. Wow, I couldn't see much at all, and had to take my glasses off in the end so I could at least see something, albeit a bit blurry.
Took the longer route round the lake to avoid the main road as I didn't fancy my chances with the cars on the bends.

Checked the Met Office and nearly laughed out loud. Apparently it's supposed to be sunny with "very good" visability. Thought I'd check the mountain area forecast instead and that is more like it, although it said the fog should clear up about 9am it doesn't look like it's going to shift any time soon.

Should clear up by home time though and leave nice bright skies.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Bright and clear where I am. I actually felt the need to ride into work in shorts.
That'll be a treat for my colleagues (not!)

So is decent weather on the cards for North Wales then?

grhm

Veteran
It seems to be slighty hazy here - looks like an early mist that has started to burn off (except it was like that at 10pm last night) - local weather says very good visibility.

I'm sure they must just guess. Hope it clears up enought for your ride home.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Bright and clear where I am. I actually felt the need to ride into work in shorts.
That'll be a treat for my colleagues (not!)

So is decent weather on the cards for North Wales then?

Yes, it's going to be gorgeous according to the forecast, although it might be a bit windy at times. Just don't bring any rain with you!

Your village is the only place I've seen a sheep on a lead, it was probably being led to a ritual slaughter to appease the weather Gods. Perhaps you need to organise another one?

Bright and Sunny here Plax, I'm sure it'll clear up.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Crackle said:
Your village is the only place I've seen a sheep on a lead, it was probably being led to a ritual slaughter to appease the weather Gods. Perhaps you need to organise another one?

Bright and Sunny here Plax, I'm sure it'll clear up.

Are you sure it wasn't just a giant poodle out on its walkies? I've told you to stop drinking that moonshine! :rofl:

Well I'm pleased to say that the fog has lifted. Patches here and there higher up but looking gorgeous everywhere else. It's remarkable at how quick it actually does clear up really!

Christopher

Über Member
going to school i used to descend into fog from the sunny hilltop where we lived. Someties the fog would persist all day & the sun all day as well on the tops. Even got the occasional Brockenspectre against a fog bank...

Top Bottom