Folding pedals for a Montegue X50

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JC4LAB

Does any one know which brand of folding pedals would be best.for the Montegue...Some of the cheap options look like they wont last so dont mind paying a bit more...Folding pedals make a big difference when it comes to bagging your bike..

Last edited:

Brommyboy

Über Member

Death traps!

I tried the MKS ones, and all that prevents them coming off is a fragile plastic clip that breaks or falls off during the first use.

You then find youself stopping at a busy juction with the pedal attached to to your shoe instead of the bike

With no grip and an awkward surface to stand on you are off

Used them twice had two close shaves and binned them

Kies

my MKS FD7 folding pedals arrived today. a bit heavier than the standard dahon's, but have a nice push button fold action. i bought them because they are all metal, and have better grip

OP
OP
J

JC4LAB

Thanks for your replies...Already have a Brompton folder and a Dahon Jack which I added folding pedals to..They make bagging a lot easier but the Brompton one appears taylor made to Bromptons only and the Dahon one is one I got years ago by offchance but now cant find similar.. No one seems to stock folding pedals..I use the Brompton and Slick tyred Dahon Jack for overseas trips and road but dont like to risk em offroad.I came accross Swiss bikes and Montegues early this year which are better for off road terrains .so went for The Monteque X50 (The cheapest in the Montegue off road Range ).but maybe should have gone for the Montegue Paratrooper.. Its a real eye catcher and real attention grabber but it costs more than double the X50 version but its the same fold..

Last edited:
Top Bottom