Following Links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
[No doubt admin will move this to somewhere more appropriate but I couldn't see the appropriate place to post it]

I made a post on my blog tonight and was looking at the statistics relating to recent viewings and was suprised to see how many people had followed the link in my signature strip.

Wordpress tells you who the referring link was, but not who viewed the site. I have been posting in 2 threads on here today and people have gone to my blog after following links in each thread.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that people actually look at the signature strips on here.

It set me wondering how many people on here actually read signature strips routinely or do they just read it to find out more about someone when they either agree or disagree with thier postings?

Would using the signature strip as a link to your business generate trade? [ I do not have anything to sell, so you are safe there]

Shaun

Founder
Moved ... :thumbsup:

Noodley

I have never follwed any signature strips, I didnae even know that was what they were called; I am sometimes aware if some shoot written at the bottom of posts, assume it is either a dull blog and/or someone doing some sponsored stuff and wanting me to give them money and therefore never read it. I may, from the sound of your OP, be in the minority...

Noodley

Whilst that might be true, you are not alone. You may also benefit from the option to un-tick the "Show people's signatures with their messages" in your preferences page. :thumbsup:

I find comfort in knowing I am ignoring the messages in signatures tho, it gives me a sense of satisfaction to know I am consciously ignoring it...:laugh:

Top Bottom