For any FaceBook users...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
This cut and paste from a motorcycle forum could equally apply to cyclists. I would post on FaceBook but I am opposed to FB in principle! :smile:

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is; Look twice before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't follow too closely. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please re-post

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I have rode a motorbike for nearly 30 years and you are spot on.
I keep seeing the signs saying "watch out for motorbikes" on country roads and are then get overtaken at speeds way over sensible levels , especially when in the car , born again bikers in there top to toe leather come past and push into gaps , cars trying to get out of there way etc , sunday riders all wanting to be Rosse look alikes.

Don't get me wrong im no angel and have done things that looking back i am lucky to never had a serious accident, and done speeds not many people have ever done on road or track, but to stay safe you have to look after yourself not rely on others to get out of your way.

And whilst on the subject what is it with bikers riding with headlights on full beam in the day , modern bulbs even in daylight are still very bright and blinding, they should watch the adverts from the 70's "dip dont dazzle"

I dont know the facts , have never looked into it , and dont really care for the truth getting in the way , so in a true tabloid paper style i would say over 50% of accidents on motorbikes are down to the rider pushing the saftey zone and riding beyond there capabilities.

Top Bottom