For Swap, GT Avalanche Expert 2008 Mountain Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why not just put some good quality slick tyres on it?

It will be a lot better than many of the so-called hybrids.

RedBike

I will have a set of deep sectioned 700c disc wheels for sale in a few weeks. They will fit your bike (provided you use 23/25mm tyres).

I just need them for a short tour on the 12/16th of July then they're up for grabs. Probably got about 400miles on them but being disc there is obviously no wear what so ever on the rims.

There's bound to be some photos of the bike with these wheels on somewhere on my blog.

RedBike

How does £50 with the tyres sound?
Not the best of tyres but they're pretty much unworn.

I will even throw in a set of brake rotors if i've got the right size. (I have a 180 and a 160 Deore rotors going spare?)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
RedBike said:
How does £50 with the tyres sound?
Not the best of tyres but they're pretty much unworn.

I will even throw in a set of brake rotors if i've got the right size. (I have a 180 and a 160 Deore rotors going spare?)

Sounds about my budget to be honest, thanks very much, I assume they will be ok for my weight ? Just let me know when your done with them in July and we can arrange something :ohmy:

RedBike

They should be more than fine for your weight. They're 32 spoke, deep rimed and marketed as 29er MTB wheels,

I've just got to finish off booking campsites then I will know which route i'm taking and which bike / wheels i'm using. I want to take the singlespeed but i'm worried it's going to be a little bit too hilly for me. I will email you before the weeks out and give you a definate date.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
RedBike said:
They should be more than fine for your weight. They're 32 spoke, deep rimed and marketed as 29er MTB wheels,

I've just got to finish off booking campsites then I will know which route i'm taking and which bike / wheels i'm using. I want to take the singlespeed but i'm worried it's going to be a little bit too hilly for me. I will email you before the weeks out and give you a definate date.

Ok sounds good to me, I will look forward to hearing from you

Gaz

Top Bottom