Forget LEJOG! ...this is better!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lucy.P

Regular
This looks much more appealing than Lands End to John 'O'Groats...quite like the idea of finishing with a dip in the Med!!

Event title:
London To Monte Carlo
Event date/s: TBC
Event location: London-Monte Carlo
Event organiser: European Cycling Tours
Your relationship: Cycle Chat member passing on info
Cost of entry: POA
Minimum sponsorship: No Minimum (Open Event)
Beneficiary: Open Event - Can be used for your chosen charity
Event link: Here

No 2017 date set - looks like it's a charity/group enquiry.

Mod Edit: Link removed as this member seems to be here primarily to promote the company mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
That looks good. If only I was 30 years younger.:sad:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
LEJOG...this is better.

You mean this iconic London to Monte Carlo ride that people travel from all over the world to take part in?

LEJOG is know as one of the classic long distance rides in the world.

The London to Monte Carlo ride may be very nice. Except there is nothing in Monte Carlo, I would stop in Nice. But you cannot compare it to LEJOG.

Try and compare it to the Transcontinental Race.....maybe not.

But I am always wary of anything where the organisers dont even give a guide price.

robgul

Legendary Member
Looks like another of those tour outfits with rides for the cash-rich, time-poor Hooray Henrys to me . . . and as Steve says, it's not iconic - LEJOG/JOGLE certainly is.

IF you want to ride to the Med then arriving somewhere to the west of Marseille would make a rather better ride and destination (and easy to get home by train, plane or Bike Express)

Rob

tomshooter

Couldn't agree more @robgul ...chalk and cheese.
LEJOG is an epic ride that should be on everyone's to-do list (cyclist or not for that matter!)

robgul

Legendary Member
LEJOG is a pain when you live right in the middle.

I do live in the middle but it really makes no difference to the overall travelling - the difference to me is how long it takes to get home after the ride - JOGLE and the train at lunchtime from Penzance saw me home by about 2030 - LEJOG and it took a day and a half to get home.

Rob

This looks much more appealing than Lands End to John 'O'Groats...quite like the idea of finishing with a dip in the Med!!

Event title:
London To Monte Carlo
Event date/s: TBC
Event location: London-Monte Carlo
Event organiser: European Cycling Tours
Your relationship: Cycle Chat member passing on info
Cost of entry: POA
Minimum sponsorship: No Minimum (Open Event)
Beneficiary: Open Event - Can be used for your chosen charity
Event link: (no more spam)

No 2017 date set - looks like it's a charity/group enquiry.
Really surprised to see this has been edited by a moderator, but not deleted. Lucy P is clearly a shill for a bike tour company. Everyone of her posts mentions them by name and links to them. I've been suckered into giving her "advice" previously.

mustang1

Guru
LEJOG...this is better.

You mean this iconic London to Monte Carlo ride that people travel from all over the world to take part in?

LEJOG is know as one of the classic long distance rides in the world.

The London to Monte Carlo ride may be very nice. Except there is nothing in Monte Carlo, I would stop in Nice. But you cannot compare it to LEJOG.

Try and compare it to the Transcontinental Race.....maybe not.

But I am always wary of anything where the organisers dont even give a guide price.
Nothing in Monte Carlo? Is there anything at, ya know, JOG? :smile:
But in the whole I agree with you, lejog is a classic and like someone else mentioned, London MC seems like a tour outfit. Might as well do LN-Istanbul.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Nothing in Monte Carlo? Is there anything at, ya know, JOG? :smile:
But in the whole I agree with you, lejog is a classic and like someone else mentioned, London MC seems like a tour outfit. Might as well do LN-Istanbul.
JOG....fish and chips......real beer.

2 of the things I miss from the UK. :0)

Top Bottom