Forme Longcliffe 3.0 2012 My review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Here is my review on the Longclliffe 3.0 by Forme.

The bike:
Firstly, I noticed the weight is quite heavy, Al 6061 double-butted frame, but on the road, it takes everything you give it.
It's about the same weight as my old 2011 Defy 4 which had a hi-tensile fork (that's by feeling it, although I haven't had it weighed)
You do notice the speed dropping off on climbs, making it a bit of extra effort with the pedals, but I'm sure it would feel better with clipless than toe clips, due to power transfer.
The steering is precise and the geo is comfortable, I can conform it's as comfortable as a Defy.
The wheels are the main part of the weight of the bike, I don't know the weight, but obviously stock wheels at this price point are always heavy. I'll be upgrading to Aksiums and use the stock wheels as winter trainers, so would recommend anybody else who buys this bike to do the same.
Seat/saddle is a relabelled Charge Spoon, which I am used to, so perfect for me.
Laguno tyres made by Schwalbe are quite grippy in all conditions and a good training tyre, but I will be upgrading them on my new Aksium wheelset to Durano Plus.
Fork is carbon, and really does the job well. It soaks up road buzz very well, I'm impressed with the fork being my first carbon forked road bike.
I will be getting a carbon FSA post though, as you can feel the road buzz at the rear.

Groupset:
The Sora 3400 gruppo is an entry level groupset, so perfect for me as I'm recreational.
It doesn't miss a beat, and the shifters are easy to use, compared to thumbshifters (in my experience)
I've rode about 40 miles on it, however. It's a respectable gruppo for the price, and smooth shifting.
Brakes are Forme (look like relabelled Tektros) and are poor in the wet, and not too good in dry conditions either. However, the pads are cheap. I'd still recommend upgrading them to better ones, like Tiagra or 105.
Crankset/chainset, works very well for a low end FSA one, not sluggish and feels smooth on shifts too.

In summary:
A very well made bike for the £600 I paid, and am pleased with it. I'll be upgrading the brakes, tyres and wheels as the first things, but apart from that. Definitely worth the money I paid for it.

Cheers.

Alex.

p4pb9138751.jpg

p4pb9138752.jpg

p4pb9138760.jpg

p4pb9138759.jpg

p4pb9138755.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
looks nice Alex enjoy it

Top Bottom