Forum ride at Trail Centre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Quick question, would people be interested in a forum ride at a trail centre, obviously I'm thinking of a Scottish one, and I was thinking Glentress as it suits so many different abilities, but others may have ideas as well, no plans yet, just to get thoughts from people and an idea about the levels of interest.

I'm off on holiday for for about 10 days, so don't think I'm an ignorant bollox for not replying for a while.

Have fun

Giles

bonj2

i might be up for this if i can get one friday off work to come up there and camp.

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
As I'm back from my hols, I'll get this back up the board to see if there is anymore interest, but Bonj, if you're the only one interested, I'll be more than happy to show you around Glentress/Inners, just say when you could get up here.

bonj2

nice one,
yeah me and my mate Ed might be visiting hopefully at least once this autumn so if and when we do i'll drop you a pm and we can meet up.

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
Sounds good.

Not sure why the lack of interest, maybe I should take it personally, or perhaps the lack of an airport tea stop has put a a large number off.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
It sounds fantastic, but I'm just too far away in deepest Kent.

Also, to be perfectly honest, my skills are sadly lacking to tackle serious trails.
Once I've improved on my skills base, I'll certainly be headed Scotland way to sample the delights of MTBing you have up there but it would be a stay of at least a few days.

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
I understand the distance being a problem, Kent to the Scottish Borders is not exactly a short journey. As for the skill level, Glentress really does have trails to suit all levels, and there are many ways to enjoy some good bits, while keeping well away from the most tricky stuff, you'll definately enjoy yourself when you get up here, a longer stay would definately be more fun.

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
Panter said:
Well I'm sold :biggrin:

Just need to finish off my full susser build now :smile:

Good stuff, it's all rideable on a hardtail, but much of it is definately more fun, more pleasant, and faster on a full susser.

Top Bottom