Fossy's Skinny Latte !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well....I've gone the Skinny Latte way with the MTB.....

The wheels were well worn - still true, still went round, but the freehub was skipping on start off - cue terrible clunk as all my power went down.

So, new Deore wheels, Hutchinson Top Slick 2's - 300g 1.2" (much like road tyres -but easy on/off so puncture fixes will be quick) and new drive chain (that's when the clunks started)....;)

It looks so anaemic.... :blush:..not sure, but it's faster than the old 1.5" 600g slicks - plus the wheels work properly.........look at all that space between the guard and tyre - looks so wrong.............but it's FAST !!!!! (ish)

It's like new now....I'll never get that Scott Sub 10 now..............:ohmy:

DSCF1929.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Nice, i like the door handle that you have attached to the saddle;)
I think you just like to make people feel even worse when you pass them on that, and they are on an expensive carbon road bike. You big bully :blush:;)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As a roadie 100%, I feel compelled to do that, but I don't ! :blush: - Have chatted with the odd fella, and do let on to everyone, but when a road bike get's blitzed by the MTB, I really don't think they are chuffed - but they don't know there is another roadie under the baggy shorts and bikes.... - although I do spot another 'roadie' on an MTB, and we both let on - you can tell - it's the road positioning (arse up, head down) !!!!

I have a good chat with a load of my regulars, one who has gone from cheap supermarket MTB, then Decathlon Roadie, then waiting for his MTB on bike to work (not for work - the roadie will do) - I think he's been on here................ must have ?

It's only just got the fast tyres..... tried them out last night on the old wheels....did obliterate a roadie on the way up the long drag towards home.....but it's not the bike. ahem !!!!...........

Suits me and keeps the road bikes for better days (like today !)

Top Bottom