Found a way to extend the commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenM

Veteran
Extending the commute is easy.... just start a glass shard collection, using the rear wheel as the collection mechanism :smile: still, it is the first in several years (4 at least)
I Had a new inner with me and all the tools - and two cyclists stopped to check everything was under control. It added 20 minutes to the coimmute cos you can't turn an Orca, with a rigid seat, upside down so 10 of those minutes were spent juggling bike, chain and wheel.

Old inner tube fixed at desk - the hole was obvious. I have to take the wheel off again soon because I am converting to disc brakes so I may swap the tubes back...

B.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Swap the tubes back - you tight ar$e. :tongue:

I never turn the bikes upside down (on a upwrong) - just screams newbee ! Undo QR, push mech back and out drops the wheel. :becool:

At least folk stopped.

biking_fox

Guru
I never turn the bikes upside down (on a upwrong) - just screams newbee ! Undo QR, push mech back and out drops the wheel

And? What do you do next?
You've got the wheel in one hand, and the bike, mech and chain just about off the floor in the other?

Turning the bike upside down does mean that it's stable, and the chain et al are kept off the muck.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yes, me too, I prefer inverting the bike if the ground is reasonably clean to remove the rear wheel - I don't bother with this with the front wheel because it just drops out and slots back in. But with the bike upside down, it just sits there waiting for you to slot the rear wheel back in afterwards.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Swap the tubes back - you tight ar$e. :tongue:

I never turn the bikes upside down (on a upwrong) - just screams newbee ! Undo QR, push mech back and out drops the wheel. :becool:

At least folk stopped.

That's great, but how do you rest your bike whilst chaging the tube?

You surely don't balance it on the rear mech?

Maz

Guru
That's great, but how do you rest your bike whilst chaging the tube?

You surely don't balance it on the rear mech?
Good question, Moodyman.

Personally, I hold the bike upright with one hand and swap the wheels with the other.

Using 2 hands just screams newbee !

Top Bottom