Found an old Khaloff racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

handsome joe

Came across this dumped near my house. Does anyone know about Khaloff, there seems very little on the web. Apart from lots of rust the bike seems in good shape. Its got a Khaloff badge with the number 125?

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
i do vaguely remember the brand from when I was small - don't remember much though - they may have been competing with the raleigh arena

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Kalkhoff are a German brand.
IIRC, the ones sold over here were pretty basic, and at the time before mountain bikes when people bought imitation racing bikes with gears far too high for their level of fitness.

OP
OP
H

handsome joe

So far, i have found very little information about this bike. The bike might make a good little fixie or S/S. I am not sure about the frame material. Its obviously steel but i can't make the type. quality of the steel. Its a bit on the heavy side.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
andrew_s said:
Kalkhoff are a German brand.
IIRC, the ones sold over here were pretty basic, and at the time before mountain bikes when people bought imitation racing bikes with gears far too high for their level of fitness.

Yep!

I bought a 10 speed Kalkhoff in light metallic blue about 1983 after having my new 5 speed Coventry Eagle nicked from South Bank Poly. It was steel of the Polish Cogging Iron variety, basic Huret 10 speed set-up and I fitted a rack, guards and a dynamo and commuted on it in London for a while and weight apart, it was OK. However when I restored an old Holdsworth it didn't see much more use. I guess I sold it on to another student. Basic, but worked OK. Have you any photos?

Top Bottom