FOUND - Keys - Lewisham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holeshot

Regular
I found a bunch of keys in the cycle lane going up Loampit Hill towards NewCross at 8.30am.
They have a Tesco Club Card and Nectar card on them.
I've tried contacting those companies but next to useless.

Hope this helps someone..........Let me know :smile:

I found a bunch of keys in the cycle lane going up Loampit Hill towards NewCross at 8.30am.

I suppose those companies would have to keep schtum. Can't be handing out contact details for house keys.
Good luck finding owner (not being sarky)

OP
OP
H

Holeshot

Regular
I suppose those companies would have to keep schtum. Can't be handing out contact details for house keys.
Good luck finding owner (not being sarky)
Cheers - no sarkiness taken :smile:
Yeah - wasn't expecting to get any details from them but hoped they could maybe be prepared to contact the owner (out of simple kindness etc) just to let them know they'd been found and given them my details.
I can try leaving the fob at a Tesco's store with my details - they're not prepared to do it online/over phone - I have to do it physically.

Maybe I should have left them on the road but guessing they'll just have got swept up and given it's Friday the owner wouldn't be passing by til at least Monday (pure speculation).

Oh well - tried my best.......

Milzy

Guru

Facebook is good for things like that.

rikki

Legendary Member
Any registered locksmith keys on the set? Contact the locksmith and if they can match the registered numbers they will contact the owner of the keys (not necessarily the numbskull who has lost them, who may be an employee, and should have reported them lost).

tom73

Guru
Police no longer have anything to do with lost property since last year. It was costing too much to deal with and it was never something they had to do anyway. They sort of just ended up doing it over the years.

Police no longer have anything to do with lost property since last year. It was costing too much to deal with and it was never something they had to do anyway. They sort of just ended up doing it over the years.
Really?
This is terrible in so many ways.
Tho i know a closed northern cop shop with a notice in the window telling folk to take lost property to another cop outlet 10 miles away. Which sort of says that they still see it as their patch.
Are you sure.

tom73

Guru
Yes I'm sure some area's had already stopped though it was a bit piecemeal but it was made a national thing last year.
Along with saving time and money it was thought FB and other SM was more effective at returning stuff.
Can only think the notice is awaiting change or more likely no-one has spotted it.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/63918...-look-for-it-themselves-under-new-initiative/

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Police no longer have anything to do with lost property since last year.
Tho i know a closed northern cop shop with a notice in the window telling folk to take lost property to another cop outlet 10 miles away.
Todmorden police station don't appear to have anything to do with anything! :laugh: (I suppose if someone were being attacked by terrorists or a politician's home were being burgled they might spring into action... :whistle:)

The police station door is usually locked and there is a phone on the wall next to it. There is a sign telling you to use that to report crime. I had my wallet nicked and went to the police station. Tried using the phone and got stuck in a queue to the police call centre, which I think was in Wakefield. I decided not to bother since they probably wouldn't have done anything anyway, and I wasn't insured.

tom73

Guru
When I worked for family intervention and had access via round the back. we could not even get in some of the small stations in my area. :wacko:
They do have a place as a base for local teams but as a fully working station it's not going to happen.

The problem with many small stations is they just need so much spent to bring them into looking anything decent it's just not viable.
Keep the cells as example is just not option without a massive about of money they'd never meet CQC standards let alone anything else.
Plus you can't have for example FME or FNP at ever station. By the time they arrive if they have multiple calls it could lead by the time samples are taken to someone getting off on say driving under the influence. Or someone with mental health issues having to wait hours for an assessment. Hence why many areas now have one two larger area wide cell provision.
Also as population in areas moves around some are no longer in the right areas.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I read today that more than half of London's 73 police stations have been closed since 2017.

There'll be hell to pay for this.
The Met’s centrally funded budget was cut by £600 million during Johnson’s tenure as mayor, contributing to the closure of about half of police stations and front counters, from 149 to 73. They still have to save another £400 million by 2021, so yes, the plan is that there will soon be only one station left in each borough, often with the front counter staffed by volunteers. I wonder how long it will be before the Home Secretary suggests G4S or Serco are paid a fortune to “help out”?

Shameful neglect, and as you suggest, storing up trouble for the future.

Details of 2017 cuts and plans here.

Top Bottom