Fox Launch Pro kneepads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
As a newbie to MTB I don't have anything to compare these to, but Im really impressed.

Bike radar review...
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/categ...duct/review-fox-launch-pro-kneepads-10-37792/

After a knee - gravel interface on a berm I knew that, for my learning period at least, knee pads would be a wise investment. I did a lot of research and came away confused. All kneepads had good and not so good reviews. The fox ones seemed to get decent reviews and were as cheap as any, and were available from Swinnertons at Cannock chase. Getting hands on with them they feel quality if a little bulky.

However, once fitted they do seem to disappear. Obviously knees will be warmer with these on but air does circulate with the flexing of the knee. Also, with the padding at the side it is more comfortable when turning and pressing on the crossbar with the side of the knee.

When fitted so the pads kneecap is right over my kneecap there are no issues with them slipping out of position, and they don't bunch or pinch at the back of the knew. Being a bloke, the first time out with them I have the Velcro as tight as it would go but there is no need for that!

I haven't had another knee - floor interface scenario but Im confident that these will help, even if its onto a rocky surface, and more than the slightly lighter "scuff pad" type without a hard knee cup I was considering.

Hmmm... Wonder how these will fit with a road bike...?

Top Bottom