frame covers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cdl1

I would like some detachable covers for my frame tubes to protect them and obscure the brand whilst commuting. I can't find anything and wondered if anyone knew of a suitable product.. I don't want to resort to tape as I'd like to be able to remove the covering easily.

I cant believe that such a product does not exist......

garrilla

I can. The scroates would be able to spot them a mile off and your bike would be gone.

bonj2

I want that exact same thing as well.
Wouldn't think it's a very good theft deterrent if left in a busy place all day,
but,
It's the only thing that really puts me off taking my carbon bike on the train, and leaving it locked outside work, which is fairly secluded, but would be just leaning against metal/brick.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any carbon bike (i.e. frame) shouldn't be left for someone to twang it....TBH..... in bike stands the top tube is vulnerable to idiots - you could get a fixie boy/mtb pad for it.....

TBH - it's easy to spot a half descent bike just by component's - rear mechs are a dead giveaway to me...... see loads of student's bikes, oh looks scruffy - oh nice Shimano/Campag chainset/rear mech...... easy spot.......

Woz!

I'm thinking of putting some pipe lagging on mine, secured with cable ties.
Not to make it less nickable - simply to protect it from dings.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
I was thinking of the foam pipe insulation, too. I know some people put sections of it on their frames for transporting on a car rack. I don't think I'd use the cable ties, though. If you leave that stuff on there, it may hold moisture.

Top Bottom