FRAUD WARNING~ martin allen bikes online?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beastie

Guru
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience of MA onlline
www.mabikes.com/index.php?ukey=home

I have never heard of them, but with 30% off at the mo, and free delivery
then it seems a great deal !?

It seems that most of their bikes are last years model or even year before.

eg

Trek 1.2 Triple £388
Trek 1.5 Triple £485

Has anyone used them?

Cheers Steve

killmabikes.com

mabikes.com is a fraud..DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

I'll say it again here - www.mabikes.com is a fraud - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE...

Got Ripped for $2100 USD

THEY NOW GLOAT THEY MAKE $50K PER MONTH RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF FROM THIS SITE REGISTER IT ON &

REPORT THEM TO THE FBI VIA https://complaint.ic3.gov

MARTIN ALLEN BIKES IS A FRAUD www.mabikes.com Do Not Use

Trishm

Martin Allen Online Bikes

Hi…

I’ve just seen your post and am starting to think that I too might have been ripped off, not to the extent you have but none-the-less my A$447 was still hard earned and now not in my possession!

I though I did the right thing by setting up a line of communication etc for a couple of weeks before I committed to purchase etc.

As of today, emails have been blocked and the website is not accessible and the UPS tracking code they gave me does not work and UPS just tell me to contact the sender!!!!

So I don’t think I’m going to get my first ever bike, a Gary Fisher Simple City 3 anytime soon. Lucky I didn’t tell my husband about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez some people are just horrible.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks for posting the warning otherwise I’d be just on the other side of the world wondering WTF happened!!!!!!!

Take care and believe in karma its about all we can do!

Tricia

:tongue:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
G'Day, ;) Trishm and ;) to CycleChat :tongue: ....

... although that's a very sad first post :smile:

To cheer you up, here's a virtual hug :smile: and pop over to where the Welcome Mat is laid out for you ...

Your tale may have a happy ending - when you get a faster, more bling, upgraded bike later ... with assistance from all those who take pity on you being ripped off :smile:.

If you bought using a credit card, inform your credit card company immediately and you should get the money refunded. I managed to buy from a company online which I can only fathom has since gone insolvent, and my credit card compnay did refund me.

(At least that is the case in the UK. Not sure if you're in Aus - is that Aussie dollars?).

killmabikes.com

mabikes.com is a fraud..DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Hey Trishm

Yes its a shame about the dishonesty in this world...people making a living of other peoples misfortunes...

Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer now for my bike....like 2 years before I'll have a spare $2k to throw at a bike...

Live & learn...

Crankarm

Guru
SavageHoutkop said:
If you bought using a credit card, inform your credit card company immediately and you should get the money refunded. I managed to buy from a company online which I can only fathom has since gone insolvent, and my credit card compnay did refund me.

(At least that is the case in the UK. Not sure if you're in Aus - is that Aussie dollars?).

I believe only if the transaction was £100 or more it is covered by s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. HTH.

Crankarm

Guru
SavageHoutkop said:
I got refunded for a £79 purchase. What is s75?

Result!

uSwitch.com: Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act

31 October 2007

Mike Naylor, personal finance expert at uSwitch.com, comments on the decision today by the House of Lords to uphold Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (S.75), which protects credit card purchases made overseas.

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 has been in existence for more than 30 years. It protects consumers making credit card purchases in the
UK and overseas for between £100 and £30,000.

The judgment today by the House of Lords rejected an appeal by three major credit card companies that asked for overseas protection for consumers to be revoked. The protection covers consumers in such events as a company going bust, providing faulty goods or failure to send goods back to the
UK
. S.75 makes card companies jointly liable with retailers against breach of contract or misrepresentation.

“Today’s decision by the House of Lords is great news for consumers. This landmark decision has finally laid to rest the issue over credit card protection for overseas transactions which has been rumbling on with credit card suppliers for several years.
UK consumers spent £16.4 billion abroad last year on credit and debit card transactions so the protection offered by S.75 on credit cards is invaluable. It would have been a kick in the teeth for consumers if the House of Lords had taken this away. The decision to uphold it means that wherever in the world consumers use their credit card, they can enjoy the same protection as they do in the UK. This is especially important with the growth of internet shopping where goods are often shipped to the UK
from sites based overseas.

“Credit card companies will probably feel ‘hard done by’ following today’s judgement. This is completely unfounded as the vast majority of providers already impose foreign exchange rate loadings of around 2.65% or 2.75% for those using their credit card abroad. We believe this more than covers the costs incurred by the provider. With consumers already paying this premium to use their credit card overseas, arguably they are indirectly funding the extra protection offered and any claims that are made.

Naylor concludes: “My advice to consumers buying goods abroad worth more than £100 and less than £30,000 is to use a credit card so they can enjoy the extra security and protection offered by S.75. Unfortunately, this doesn’t extend to debit card transactions so consumers need to make sure they don’t get stung if the goods they have purchased are not as they were described or not delivered.”

bauldbairn

Belated welcome to the forum trishm and killmabikes :o) - sorry to hear you've been ripped off.:laugh:

Thanks for informing the people on here of the fraudulent activities of mabikes.com.:laugh:

I'm just about to start looking for another bike for next summer and had considered some of the bargain websites on the net - as I don't mind if its last years model. A mate just saved £180 on a Cannondale Badboy - last years model, a lovely bike - off the net.

That's a good heads up - although I'm ultra cautious and will thouroughly check / search any site I'm thinking of using.

Why if the "internet providers" want peoples trust don't they insist on doing a criminal disclosure on at least one registered person(director / owner)? Who'll be held responsible for companies fraudulent activities - if there are any. It can't be totally unpolicable?:biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
Thanks for the warning - just tried to check out the site and it no longer appears to work - maybe shut down by the law. Was this a US based site?

Top Bottom