England : Lancashire fred whitton challenge 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Make sure you're aware of what you're getting into! It ain't no skyride!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Make sure you're aware of what you're getting into! It ain't no skyride!
Yeah ...
Talking Heads in a dire warning of the hardships of the Fred Whitton ... said:
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,
This ain't no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey,
I ain't got time for that now

:laugh:

OP
OP
3burgerking

3burgerking

Reply to the wasp, doing the fred for the first time been on a road bike for about 2 years, so you are back for the second time, for challenge or to race.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I just noticed something ... Since when has the Lake District been in Lancashire? :whistle:
Bits of it used to be - the Three Shires Stone at the top of Wrynose Pass was where Cumberland, Westmoreland and the detached northern bit of Lancashire met!
[/smartarse mode]

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bits of it used to be - the Three Shires Stone at the top of Wrynose Pass was where Cumberland, Westmoreland and the detached northern bit of Lancashire met!
[/smartarse mode]
I was amazed to see an historic boundary stone at the top of the climb out of the Trough of Bowland stating that it was the boundary between the West Riding of Yorkshire and Lancashire!

Clearly, the county boundaries have been moved around even more than I thought ...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
They have indeed moved a lot. There is a village cricket ground somewhere that used to be in Yorkshire and is now in Wancashire or vice versa. The natives are most upset still, many years on.

Edit - it might be Todmorden, formerly in Lancs , now in West Yorks.

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
They have indeed moved a lot. There is a village cricket ground somewhere that used to be in Yorkshire and is now in Wancashire or vice versa. The natives are most upset still, many years on.

Edit - it might be Todmorden, formerly in Lancs , now in West Yorks.
Oy - less of that!

(And with mod hat on, further Lancashire-Yorkshire rivalry should probably be confined to the Cafe...)

Top Bottom