Free bike boxes with Swiss Air

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We flew back from Geneva to London yesterday with Swiss air and the experience was so good I thought it worth flagging here. They were a little more expensive than easyJet but not that much more…I thought it worth the investment!

They gave us free bike boxes. Got to the airport, showed our boarding passes and they gave us three strong boxes (just needed our own tape). The boxes were superb and took away all the stress of sourcing ones at the end of a tour. They offer this service at Geneva and Zurich airports.

Checking the bikes in was also painless and they have come home undamaged, due I believe to the quality of the boxes.

To be fair, the booking process was painful.
* we bought our tickets
* then I had to contact Swiss to book the bikes on via a form which they took days to reply to
* so had to contact them by Twitter instead. To be fair, their service via Twitter was superb.
* turns out they only carry three bikes/plane!!

I’m going to email them today to thank them for their service and suggest ways of making the process simpler. But anyway… if you’re flying with a bike out of Geneva or Zurich, I would heartily recommend Swiss Air!

802C2933-4140-45EB-8250-6318C9586B13.jpeg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This has been mentioned before I think. Isn’t it the airport rather than the airline that give the boxes? Seem to remember other airports that offer this. Amsterdam? Perhaps any others that have used these could comment.

That's a really good service but for anyone who's never packed a bike in a box before it could be stressful ^_^

@Cathryn , sorry to be a PITA but do you have the dimensions of the box? It may help people figure out what needs to be removed from the bike.

@Cycleops , KLM sell boxes in Amsterdam, Iberia sell from designated airports. Whether that is only to their own customers I have no idea.

Top Bottom