Free Country

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Just finished reading "Free Country" by George Mahood. Its the true story of two lads who start off at Lands End wearing just their boxer shorts with a plan to cycle to John O'Groats without spending any money. Their plan is to throw themselves on the generosity of the general public for everything they need - clothes, bikes, food, accommodation etc.

An amusing story in its self and also an interesting take on the LEJOG tour. I was particularly amused when they list the essential equipment listed in a guide book (blagged from a library) against the kit they were actually carrying.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I read it last year. It's nicely written and helps to reaffirm one's hope that there is good and generosity in most people.

Stephenite

Membå
It is free to read if you have a kindleunlimited subscription, or £1.99 on Kindle if you don't - LINK.
Or $3.99 if you live outside the UK.

Non-UK residents cannot use amazon UK website when purchasing ebooks - i have found out to my disappointment. Amazon do not advertise this and i don't mind doing it for them.

Looks like a good read, though, and is on my list.

Stephenite

Membå
The ebook is now priced at 99 american cents on Amazon dot com. Offer available for the next six hours or so. Edit: six days or so

Last edited:
Top Bottom