Free in Edinburgh - cardboard bike box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

My new Ribble came in a truly massive box. If no one wants it I'll cut it up and recycle it but I thought it might be of use to someone wanting to post a bike.

It's large enough to fit an adult bike with the wheels still attached and the handlebars rotated.

If you want it, you have to come and pick it up. I live in south Newington near Cameron Toll shopping centre.

Matthew

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My kids have past that stage but I used to love large cardboard boxes for entertainment value. A box would usually last about 2 weeks before falling to pieces.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

1.jpg

...and so on. I'm not sure how fun a bike box would be though, it's kind of narrow. I suppose it would make a nice wall for a fort.:smile:

Matthew

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Cut it up, draw on it, they could create a shelter between two chairs etc, crawl through as part of an course - just leave it to the kids imagination - I'm sure they would think of something.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

summerdays said:
Cut it up, draw on it, they could create a shelter between two chairs etc, crawl through as part of an course - just leave it to the kids imagination - I'm sure they would think of something.

Yep. Unfortunately my social circle doesn't include anyone of the appropriate age.:ohmy:

I've put it on Freecycle too. Hopefully someone can use it...

Matthew

TopCat

Save it and stick it up the loft. If your ever moving house you can reform it into a box for moving stuff :eek:

I would have took it but mine are holding up just nicely :biggrin:

new-york-homeless.jpg

Regards
TC

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

TopCat said:
Save it and stick it up the loft. If your ever moving house you can reform it into a box for moving stuff :eek:

I would have took it but mine are holding up just nicely :biggrin:

I live in a flat so space is at something of a premium. I'm away from Edinburgh for a few days but when I get back the box is headed for the bin - unless someone steps in to rescue it very soon.:wacko:

Matthew

Bman

Guru
had to post this one : xx(

Top Bottom