Free to Good Home Old (but working) laptop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hi All,

I've a very old (but working) laptop - FREE to good home.

The spec is very modest - it only has a P3 processor.

It is running (very slowly) Windows XP Pro and has Office 2003 installed. It does not have a wireless network card, but works (slowly) on the Internet via the onboard card.

It is this model : http://www.ergo.co.u...ocument=DPU1948

Since the spec. is so modest it would best be used for pure word processing; to use on the web, it could do with more memory fitted - which is cheap enough. (Still only a P3 processor tho. :sad: )

I've no idea how long the battery holds a charge for, but it would come with a power supply; sadly, I've no spare laptop bag.

Oh yes, this model does not have a floppy disc drive or a CD drive; portable drives may be used via the USB ports.

A £5 donation towards postage would be appreciated, but frankly I'm happy to cover postage costs myself, if the laptop goes to a good home. It would be fine for a young child to use for homework.

It is possible, that I might have more than one - I just want to be rid of them as they are never used and are just taking up space.

Merry Christmas

tyred

Legendary Member
You have PM

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
One laptop gone; I think I have another exactly the same - anyone interested ?

C'mon, I need to win 'brownie points' from the Missus :rolleyes:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would be interested for my mum , shes running an ancient (single core ) laptop atm and i have to go round and fiddle with it to keep it going .

So anything newer and doesnt crash every week or two would be great !

Top Bottom