Free wheel moving pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had my LBS changemy bottom bracket and hub bearings with Ceramic Speed components on my new bike build a few months ago and have ghost pedaling. Can anyone tell me why? My other Dogma has the exact BB and components and the free wheel works perfectly and the pedals do not move an inch when free wheel.

Sharky

Guru
More likely to be a problem with the free hub on the rear wheel. If this is sticking, then the chain will continue to rotate.

OP
OP
D

Demonspeeding

@gbb I don't think 'Ceramic Speed' BB and hubs bearings, and a "spoke protector disc" are likely to be found on the same bike - which is a ******* Pinarello Dogma! Sticky freehub.
More likely to be a problem with the free hub on the rear wheel. If this is sticking, then the chain will continue to rotate.

Thanks sir. I will clean the hub and see if it stops the drag. I took my rear wheel off my older Dogma and it works perfectly so the hub is to blame.

gbb

Legendary Member
@gbb I don't think 'Ceramic Speed' BB and hubs bearings, and a "spoke protector disc" are likely to be found on the same bike - which is a ******* Pinarello Dogma! Sticky freehub.

Yeah, I know, I was aware its a high end bike (but not how high end tbf) but who knows ? :smile:
Its good info for the wider audience nevertheless .
(I cant get my smileys working, your point is good)

Sharky

Guru
(I cant get my smileys working, your point is good)
You can always use the prehistoric smileys
Colan :, followed by a right hand bracket)

:smile: this clever system automatically translates :smile:

OP
OP
D

Demonspeeding

I took my rear wheel off my older bike that is exactly the same (same wheel, bearings and hub) as my xlight and it works perfectly. The hub must be to blame as you all suggested.

Top Bottom