Freebie BSO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

I have just been given a BSO via Freecycle. The donor took it out of the box, "assembled" it, rode it twice and it has been sitting in his garage since. The bike is a Universal, model Wildthing. I have given it a quick tidy up, and surprisingly it doesn't ride too badly. In all honesty I wouldn't want to go too far on it, but for knocking around town on our crappy cycle paths and pot holed roads, it should be OK, and if it gets nicked I wont lose any sleep. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts before all going out of kilter and needing resetting up.

Universal

Aargh! I used to work for a BSO-retailer (saturday job in a toy shop that sold low-end-Raleigh and Emmelle, eventually got taken over by ToysRus)

Even then, with the cheapest of thin-chromed heavy Emmelle 12-speed "MTBs" with 1-piece cranks, Universal were even worse, I was always grateful that we never stocked them

For knocking around on for free though, I suppose it has its uses. There must be some use for a universal bike. Its a bit too big for a bookend, but possibly less agile than one too! :blush:

Top Bottom