Freemans Cycles - wow !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
After months of searching for a seriously obscure wheel size, another forum member put me on to Freemans. They listed the size I wanted on website but I called them yesterday to check as NOBODY ever has the size any more. Oh yes he said, we still have the rims... and they build them to order. Cost was unbelievably low, about the same as the rims + the hubs, no charge for spokes or labour. They offer a next day delivery and a 3-5 day service for lower cost. I ordered yesterday morning on the slower service...the wheels were built and despatched yesterday, arrived this morning.

I am impressed or what ?

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Freemans - Still good.

Managed to break the mounting bolt on TWO traditional mudguard mounted rear reflectors recently. Not easy to find replacement reflectors, and for the particular bikes in question didn't really want to spend out on new mudguard sets.

Again Freeemans came up trumps, £1.50 each ! ordered Monday, arrived Tuesday.

The Ribbles & Wiggles of this world..... please sit up and pay attention at the back of the class !

mac1

Aggravating bore magnet
that's real interesting now...

I bought a Brooks B190 saddle for my Kettler from CRC. In addition to finding that it had a dent in it because they'd packed it in just a plastic bag, I then found that it wouldn't fit the saddle rails because for some strange reason, Brooks see fit to equip it with an old style clamp. So I need a new seatpost and a surf of the net reveals all sorts of expensive new posts, none of which are this type of seatpost; until I came across Freeman's: £4.50 plus £2.99 p&p for a reputable (Raleigh) brand. Rang 'em up, and it came the next day. A family business dating back to 1890 - unsurprising if service like this is the norm.

So kudos to Freeman's. Also, though I might add, I was pleasantly surprised at the range of reasonably priced, unusual accessories I'm keen on (like double kickstands and luggage racks) from Raleigh who seem to be overlooked, underrated, and which don't seem to be stocked by a lot of the "serious" LBS.

Top Bottom