Freeview recorder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict
I would spend a little more & get a Humax, something like this http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/humax-pvr-9300t-500-freeview-recorder-500-gb-12290868-pdt.html

If you have an HD TV, it's probably worth going for a Freeview+ HD box

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler

Davidc

Guru
The + devices work to a standardised specification. it's on the Freeview web site somewhere, and from when we bought my mother one I think it's 2 tuners so you can record 2 channels at once or record one and watch one, record selection from the EPG with recording control from the broadcast information, and I think they have to have series link.

Have a look at the reviews on review web sites plus Amazon and Argos reviews before buying.

The one we got for my mother was a Hitachi, which has proved very good, not the same but I have the Humax Freesat+ box and if their Freeview one is as good you wouldn't go wrong with that.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
We have 2 Humax's in the house. I have the original (it is quite slow and old) and the downstairs one is brand new. I would certainly suggest Humax over any brand (even Sky). The menu's are easy to navigate, the new model runs quickly, and the box looks very smart against out chrome and glass telly stand and below our LG DVD player which looks very similar to it.

User269

+1 on the Humax. The Freeview + and Freesat + designations refer to the function to easily record programmes, whole series, and best of all to pause or start recording live TV. We rarely watch live TV now, but if we do and it's on a commercial channel we pause it for 10 mins so we can fast forward through the ads, just as Davidc and others have explained. There's nothing like repetition I say. There's nothing like repetition I say.
I was surprised to read recently that most people are in fact still watching live TV.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Agree fully about the 'live TV' watching, even on my old 1 tuner box I rarely watched anything 'live'.
Always recorded and watched later or 10 mins in to cut out the ads :thumbsup:
Had a scout around at some reviews and I reckon I'll go for the Humax linked to above.

Thanks all.

I've had both the Humax and the Goodmans and although the Goodmans is more basic it does a good job for the price.

Top Bottom