Friday night is British place names music night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

A former colleague lived just "over the bridge" in Chepstow, and when her kids were little they went to some kind of community organised playgroup. Some paperwork had to be dealt with and one of the trustees was listed as a certain Robert Plant, who'd long since moved away. Turned out it really was the actual Robert Plant of Led Zepp who'd been on the committee etc when he lived nearby and his own kids were little and were part of the playgroup. I think the Bron yr Aur of thr song is in the vicinity isn't it?

figbat

Slippery scientist

richardfm

Veteran
A former colleague lived just "over the bridge" in Chepstow, and when her kids were little they went to some kind of community organised playgroup. Some paperwork had to be dealt with and one of the trustees was listed as a certain Robert Plant, who'd long since moved away. Turned out it really was the actual Robert Plant of Led Zepp who'd been on the committee etc when he lived nearby and his own kids were little and were part of the playgroup. I think the Bron yr Aur of thr song is in the vicinity isn't it?

Bron Yr Aur is near Machynlleth, more than 100 miles from Chepstow

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Late to the game and snatching a few seconds between watching rugby and cooking a humdinger of a paella, I haven't checked, and apologies to the entries I still have to award likes, but I'm prepared to guess this hasn't featured yet. The lovely Bridget St John with Sparrowpit.
A tiny village between Chapel-en-le-Frith and Peak Forest, where nobody had heard of her when I asked in the local pub a year or so ago, despite her having lived there. I had to threaten some noisy students with physical violence if they didn't STFU when she was performing in the students union at Manchester University in about '72 - she was too polite, but appreciative of my intervention.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hr0_L2SLE

Edit: I'm guessing HMHB have a LOT of posts!

Top Bottom