Front brakes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
On my ride today , going downhill and applying the brakes, the front brakes were juddering badly. What could be the cause of that as it worried me a bit.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Loose headset, buckled or damaged rim, loose brake caliper.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Clean and check over,i suspect its just a clean.

i got a sugery drink on my brakes , the things were terrible untill i washed it off

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd go for mucky rim/pads, clean the rims with washing up liquid and water (make sure you rinse it off well though) and remove the pads and either file them flat or replace them (depending on wear) then refit them with the correct 'toe-in'.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I checked my front brakes this morning while I was cleaning the bike. Nothing is loose but I re adjusted the position of the shoes slightly as they looked a bit too high on the rim. Will test them again next time I use the bike.

I'd go for mucky rim/pads, clean the rims with washing up liquid and water (make sure you rinse it off well though) and remove the pads and either file them flat or replace them (depending on wear) then refit them with the correct 'toe-in'.

Definitely +1 on that. I get that sensation with one particular combination of pad/rims (Swissstop yellows and a pair of DCR carbon rims) because of a build up of pad compound on the braking surface. Quick clean and it's gone for a few hundred km more.

Top Bottom